The hali sports catch allocation has been increased by 25%.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN IN HARD FACTS?
- The season will open March 1 ( soon )
- The Harvest will be monitored by The Department of Fisheries and Oceans and when the allocation is met the season will be closed
- Last year the season was closed Sept 5
- With this increase in allocation and the same allocation measuring systems in place, our halibut season should extend well into October and possibly November
- That means up to 60 more days of halibut sport fishing
- The Lodges and Guides who lost reservations because of the early shut down should be happy, along with late summer and early fall fishermen
- It certainly is NOT what the Sports Fishing Institute, Sport Fishery Advisory Boards and many other groups and individuals who have rallied to support halibut issues wanted
- However, this is certainly a step in the right direction
- The limits will remain one per day, possession of 2
PRAWN SEASON OPENS APRIL 1
LIMITS 200 PER DAY, POSSESSION OF 400
WESTVIEW MARINA WILL BE OPEN MARCH 15, 2012
FULL SERVICE WITH GAS, DIESEL, BAIT, TACKLE, ICE, COFFEE, TEA, SNACKS, BEER, WINE ETC.ETC.
MARINA GRILLHOUSE RESTAURANT OPENS MAY 18, 2012
RESERVATIONS ARE GREAT! WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER WONDERFUL SEASON. IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE YOUR RESERVATIONS – HURRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE 10% DISCOUNT AVAILABLE UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH – FEBRUARY 29, 2012